HMS carabiner with safety mechanism to prevent accidental lateral loading. The new and improved version of our popular safety carabiner impresses with an improved construction, higher breaking load and reduced weight. It still offers the same double safety and easy handling. The screw locking can be operated only when the safety gate is open. Accidental opening is excluded, as well as unintentional twisting of the carabiner in the belay loop of the climbing harness. This prevents dangerous lateral loading. Mammut recommends use of the Smart HMS 2.0 carabiner for the Smart 2.0 belay device
* Materials: 100% Aluminum
* Weight: 93 g / 3.28 oz
* Horizontal breaking load: 11 kN
* Vertical breaking load: 28 kN
* Open breaking load: 6 kN
* The lightweight 80 grams Smart 2.0 is easy to operate and has no moving parts or levers.
* As it operates according to the tube principle, the Smart 2.0 is therefore suitable for both lead climbing and top rope climbing.
* In the event of a fall, the Smart 2.0 blocks the climbing rope, with the newly developed high-performance brake insert interacting with the belay carabiner. It therefore offers the belayer optimal support and significantly improved safety.
* Gray safety package contains: Smart 2.0 in gray, Smart HMS 2.0 carabiner in gray. Pink safety package contains: Smart 2.0 in black, Smart HMS 2.0 carabiner in pink